Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frustration

UGH. 

This story is making me all sorts of frustrated. I've been getting the run-around with my sources, and Professor Reisner today (finally) edited my copy. Needless to say, I have a TON of work left to do. 

While editing, my classmates asked questions which needed to be addressed in the story... questions a journalist would ask. I think the majority of my frustration is trying to look at things from a journalistic perspective instead of just as a viewer or reader. I even questioned my abilities to make it in this business. I mean, this isn't just any journalism assignment. This is for publication, and I want to do my best. And I can't even think of aspects of a story that any journalist (or journalism student, in my case) would think of. 

But, I guess that's why I'm here. I'd much rather make a mistake here and learn from it in a place where I can get a little reprimanded and embarrassed temporarily rather than learning the hard way at a future job. 

I just have to prove to myself that I can pull it off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment